Terms and Conditions
Membership and use of www.numberplates.com are subject to the following conditions. Use of this website implies acceptance of these terms.
- Membership is not transferable, and members undertake to ensure that their usernames and passwords are kept secure and not shared with anyone else.
- Numberplates.com is a family-friendly site. Users may not post obscene or profane comments, images, articles or language, nor links to same.
- Users may not post extreme anti-social or political material, nor any material that promotes prejudice on the grounds of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. Users may not post links to material of this kind.
- Your statutory rights take precedence over any and all conditions listed above.
- Purchases of personalised registrations through www.numberplates.com are subject to the terms and conditions of www.regtransfers.co.uk.
When you submit any contribution (be it text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) to Numberplates.com either expressly for publication, or as part of a competition entry, you agree, by the act of sending your material, to the following conditions:
- You agree to grant Numberplates.com and Regtransfers.co.uk a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute and create derivative works from your contribution, so long as you are in no way defamed or misrepresented by said use, modification, adaptation, publication, distribution or creation of derivative works. Furthermore, you agree that your contribution may be published in either, or both, print and digital media (for example, the regtransfers.co.uk and Numberplates.com websites and the Regtransfers.co.uk print magazine). If you do not want to grant us free use of what you send, then we respectfully request that you do not contribute items to Numberplates.com. It is not our intention to exploit anyone's work for our own gain without recompense, but we do need to be able to publish contributions without having to negotiate complicated agreements with each and every contributor.
- Freelances wishing to submit on a possible commercial basis should contact Numberplates.com before submitting contributions, as all unsolicited material received without prior discussion is subject to these terms and conditions.
- You agree that Numberplates.com and Regtransfers.co.uk are under no obligation to publish your contribution.
- Additionally, by submitting your contribution to Numberplates.com, you warrant that your contribution is your own original work and/or that you have the legal right to make it available to Numberplates.com for any and all the purposes listed above.
- You also warrant, by the act of submission, that your contribution is not defamatory and that it does not infringe any law.
- Furthermore, you indemnify Numberplates.com against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Numberplates.com as a result of your breach of any applicable law or of the warranty set out above.
- At no time, for the sake of obtaining material to submit to Numberplates.com, should you endanger yourself or others, or infringe any laws.
- On occasion, Regtransfers.co.uk and/or Numberplates.com may publish images depicting number plates that do not conform to current regulations. This will only occur when the image features a vehicle that actually bears a plate, or plates, that do not conform to regulations. In such cases, Regtransfers.co.uk/Numberplates.com simply depicts the reality of how the plate is being displayed. We do not promote or condone the display of non-regulation numberplates, and we actively advise against it. Registration Transfers Ltd is not affiliated to the DVLA, thus it is not appropriate for us to interfere in the policing and enforcement of the regulations in any way - including through the censorship of images that may reflect failure on the part of the authorities to enforce those regulations. However, acceptance of an image submitted for publication that depicts non-regulation number plates does not imply endorsement of the display of such non-regulation plates.
- Numberplates.com and Regtransfers.co.uk will at all times endeavour to take care of, and (where required) return all physical/tangible material submitted to us, we cannot accept responsibility for loss of, or damage to, unsolicited material.
- Numberplates.com is owned and operated by Registration Transfers Ltd (www.regtransfers.co.uk) - the UK's largest number plates dealer.
Competitions: As Numberplates.com holds frequent competitions and Prize Draws, the following general terms apply to any and all competitions appearing on any competition page of the website.
- An independent judge will be appointed to pick, from the total number of eligible correct entries received, the winner of a the prize specified on the competition page of the website.
- There is only one prize for each competition or draw unless otherwise specified on the competition page.
- There is no cash alternative.
- The winner will be notified in writing after the closing date specified on the competition page at which point prize delivery arrangements will be made.
- By taking part in a Numberplates.com competition or draw, the winner agrees to take part in reasonable promotional activity, and to be bound by these terms.